Internet-based e-chain technology offers easy part identification, procurement and assembly instructions
From apurely mechanical product up to an online calculable and networked machine component – igus continues to digitalise its tribo-products. In addition to online tools and self-monitoring smart plastics, the company now equips its energy chains with a QR-code. Integrated directly into the e-chain, it offers the machine builder online information about the chain, including assembly instructions, or how to identify and order spare parts, with just a quick scan using a smartphone or tablet.
To make the process of identifying, configuring, operating and maintaining machine components even easier for the engineer, igus takes advantage of the huge potential that digitalisation offers. In addition to the 33 online tools and smart plastics products, which increase plant safety through sensors and the artificial intelligence, the motion plastics specialist now equips its energy chains with QR-codes. This connection of the "offline" and "online" worlds has a very tangible benefit for the machine builder: faster information, easier assembly and spare part procurement via the Internet.
To use the code, the engineer uses a smart phone or tablet camera to scan the QR codes, which are located on the crossbars and side parts. The engineer is directed to the online portal, where igus provides all the important information about the product. These include photos and videos that show the engineer assembly instructions. Important assembly steps are shown in slow motion for better understanding. This helps engineers reduce set-up times and simplify initial installation.
The QR-code also simplifies the process for ordering spare parts for energy chains. Intuitive illustrations on the website help the engineer to understand the structure of the igus part numbers and to recognise the different components. Contact Treotham Automation to order an energy chain or speak to one of their technical specialists for more information.
With a QR-code app and camera, all the necessary information about the respective e-chain can be easily and conveniently accessed via smartphone or tablet. Just try it with the QR-code in the picture.
- e-chain system in linear motor robot in May edition of 'Demm' Magazine
- Revolutionary igus autoglide 5 system
- igus opens digital innovations trade show 2020
- 36 months guarantee on igus energy chains
- Energy chains vs. motor cable drums in the February edition of 'Demm' Magazine
- Energy chains vs. festoons in November edition of 'Industrial Electrix'
- Universal clamp for cobots in September edition of 'Inside Robotics'
- e-chain expert online tool in September issue of 'Process Technology'
- New e-spool standard in August edition of 'Process Technology'
- Interview with John Sharp in Bulk Handling Review: Automation with e-chains