Move high loads easily with lubrication-free igus ball transfer units from igus
Advanced polymer ball transfer units for conveyor tables ensure five times more load bearing capacity
Ball tables are used if delicate or heavy goods are to be transported in different directions. Equipped with the new polymer igus ball transfer units from Treotham, they ensure fast transport. The ball transfer units made of the high-performance plastic xirodur B180 absorb loads of up to 500 N, are lubrication-free and maintenance-free. Stainless steel balls inside the roller allows smooth running.
Ball tables are used wherever sensitive or heavy loads are transported from A to B: items such as circuit boards, food, goods in airports, glass panes or goods in the sheet metal processing industry. By using ball transfer units in the conveyor tables, loads can be transferred quickly and easily in any direction. The new ball transfer units from igus are made of high-performance polymers which ensure smooth transport even at high loads. For the advanced polymer ball transfer units, igus use their proven material, xirodur B180. Being dimensionally identical to metallic ball transfer units is where the similarity ends, all igus units are lubrication-free and maintenance-free, ensuring no lubricating grease can adhere to the goods. By using a plastic ball, the use of new rollers is particularly suitable when sensitive goods are to be transported. Another advantage compared to metal: the ball transfer units can be used in any installation position, whether horizontal, vertical or overhead, which now also extends the field of application to the furniture industry.
Five times more load bearing capacity due to new design
The optimised polymer ball transfer units have a new housing interior, so they can now take up to five times more load than before. The ball transfer units are currently available in three installation sizes and, depending on their size, withstand an axial load of 150 to 500 N. Due to their material, they are very abrasion-resistant, have a long service life and have an electrically insulating effect. The rollers are mounted by simply pressing into the housing. If the user wants to additionally secure the polymer ball transfer unit, igus offers a clamping ring for extra security. If required, using the glass balls inside the housing, the ball transfer units can be assembled on customer request individually as a completely metal-free and therefore non-magnetic solution.
- World's first intelligent plain bearing in October edition of 'New Zealand Engineering News'
- Flame-retardant and fail-safe igus solutions for the railway industry
- New tribo polymers for food contact in August edition of 'Industry Update'
- drylin W exchange bearings in May edition of 'AMT' Magazine
- New ball transfer units for conveyor tables in 'Food and Drink Business'
- igus linear technology delivered from 24 hours
- iglidur® sealing rings in January issue of 'Food & Drink Business'
- Bar stock for railway in November issue of 'Demm' Magazine
- Linear guides in October issue of 'Industry Update'
- Lost cost modular robotics kit in September issue of 'Inside Robotics'