WITH LED DISTANCE CONTROL, FOR MEASURING LENGTHS UP TO 10 M
The EMAX2 series is an absolute length measuring system. Sensor, translator and interpolation unit are placed together in a compact zinc die-cast housing. The absolute coded magnetic tape is pasted up to a plain area. The non-contact scanning EMAX2 sensor can be mounted with a maximum distance of 1.5 mm to the magnetic tape. The maximum measuring length is up to 10 meters.
It can be chosen between SSI (optionally as Gray or binary code), RS422 resp. addressable RS422 or CANopen according to the "DS406" encoder profile or CAN interface according to the ELGO CAN standard protocol. An incremental signal output with A/B square-wave or 1 Vpp sine/cosine signals for dynamic movement control is optionally available.
Typical applications are handling systems, conveyor and storage technology, hydraulic presses, stamping machines, casting machines, linear slides, linear drives and pick and place systems.
- Absolute encoder wit 10 µm resolution
- Direct and contact free measurement
- Measuring lengths up to 10 m possible
- No referencing required
- With LED for distance control sensor/tape
- Additional incremental square wave or sine-cosine signals
- Diverse interfaces available (CAN, SSI, RS422)